Tuesday, August 19, 2008

'"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest.”

Author Henry Miller said that, and although he wasn't talking specifically about exercise and wise food choices, his words fit the subject well. By now, most people know that fad diets and get-thin quick schemes don't last. In the same way that you didn't become good at your job overnight or a skilled parent by reading a book in a single weekend, you can't become the healthy, fit person you want to be in an instant. Only long-term change can do that. When exercising becomes as habitual as brushing your teeth, and when thinking about what's on your plate becomes as automatic as looking both ways before crossing the street, that's when lasting change will occur."


"Take care of your body. Its the only place you have to live.
- Quote by Jim Rohn

One of my personal goals for 2008.

To reach my 10% weight goal or more by December 20, 2008.

When I reach my 10% goal, I will reward myself with a brand new Kindle.

No comments: